|The International Windsurfing Association (IWA) has officially been established.
The IWA became reality on January 4th, and is a "one stop shop" for everyone concerned with international racing in the following Windsurfing Classes; Aloha, Formula Windsurfing, Funboard and Raceboard.
Furthermore, IMCO has expressed their wish to join the Association as well, and hope to be formally included within short.
The IWA will provide the daily administrative services that were previously carried out by the respective member Classes. Please direct all your future enquiries and information to the IWA office, which will also handle all entries to ISAF sanctioned Worlds and other specified international championships. The Class Association executives will continue their current ISAF obligations with the help of the IWA's office.
The IWA is designed to be an inclusive organization, with a mission to represent and promote the sport of Windsurfing through competition in all formats at National and International level and will provide several clear and immediate benefits for the sport.
A web site is under construction, and should be launched shortly. During this early stage, Peter England and Steven Schrier will be manning the office. Once fully established, a full time Ecexutive Secretary will be appointed to run the daily affairs of organization.
- IWA will provide one central administration, database of members and co-ordinate for all entries to World, European and Continental Championships.
- IWA will provide a single source of information and corporate identity for competitive windsurfing.
- IWA will consolidate windsurf competition rules into ONE single volume, The Windsurfing Rules of Competition.
- IWA will produce a single calendar for international competition.
- IWA will be an administrative organization representing the entire sport of Windsurfing.
This important initiative has been made possible through the fullest co-operation of IBSA and IFCA, with the help of PWA and the moral support of the ISAF Executive and various committee members, the Production Board Manufacturers, and the many other organizations and individuals throughout the Windsurfing world. We thank you all.
E-mail address; email@example.com
Phone; +44 121 433 5799
Fax; +44 121 628 5137
Address; 163 West Lane, Hayling Island,
Hampshire, PO11 OJW